Tuesday, November 9, 2010

September 4, 1966 "Our trip home was long but the kids behaved very well so that helped."


September 4, 1966

Dear Mom and Dad,

Here we are back in Brussels. Our trip home was long but the kids behaved very well so that helped. Right now it is noon and a few people upstairs are starting to stir.  I may not finish this right now.

Mrs. Goeng had brought in our mail and we had a table full of it.  You have a few letters too but nothing to exciting looking.

Let me know when you’ll be coming in plenty of time so we can meet you at the airport. 

We were so busy in St. Louis I only went shopping twice.  But Lily, Helen C., and Mary Varela gave me some lovely clothes. We were $60 overweight. Now the problem is putting it all away. So give me a few days to get the suitcases put away especially if Corona is coming with you.  It shouldn’t take me long with everyone in school this week.

The last few days in St. Louis really flew.  Chic was in the hospital a few days. But now he is back home. 

Miss Edy died and I went to see her (at Southern) at 8A.M. the morning of the funeral. People were dropping in and out of our house all week.

Tiรก Lola looked good when I left. Sally and she came by the night before we left.

Gloria will be moving downstairs this week. I went to see her place and it is nice.  She and Willie will go to Florida the last two weeks of September.

Be sure to let us know when you are coming. Our love to everyone there.

Love,
Jim and Dina

No comments: