Saturday, November 6, 2010

August 19, 1966 "a Cook’s Tour of six days through Granada etc. would cost about $100 each"

August 19, 1966

Dear Mom and Dad,

Received your postcard of Salinas today. Your sleeping and eating arrangements sound very good. In fact I’m certain this visit is much more satisfactory for you. I hope you are taking all those walks around the places you love. Don’t know how much longer you are planning to stay but I hope you will allow yourselves enough time for a brief tour of So. Spain. You can’t say you have really seen Spain until you visit the South. I think a Cook’s Tour of six days through Granada etc. would cost about $100 each. Six days more is nothing when you have been gone almost 2 years. You’ve seen London at its most exciting and really lived in Europe  - saw a glimpse of Holland and visited the wonderful people of Spain. I’m sure your pension people would let you leave some of your luggage there too. Be sure to do it – you’ll thank me for the advice.

Our time is flying by  - and still so much we want to do. Last night Rudy and Helen C. took us to the opera.

Today Jim took Kenny to the eye doctor. I want someone else's opinion about that eye.

I am trying to write this and watch television so I’ll stop for a while.

Later
Sure enough the eye doctor said he does not need glasses – so we have to take K. to another eye clinic to get some eye exercises for him to do at home. Tonight Angeles, Margaret, Paquita and Maria Tata dropped in for a short visit – also Tiá Mariá and Mercedes la de Justa. Mercedes said to tell you that she misses you so much. Since you left she never went anywhere. (that is since Dad left for the wahes etc. She said she only went to the SS three times. Bessie Crook also came by. Her mother is doing very poorly – so depressing – but she said her grandchildren are so good to her.

I talked to Tala today and she read me parts of your long letter to her. From it I gather you will try to see as much as you can. Good idea!

Margaret brought me some “bullinas” and Angeles baked me to apple pies from her apple tree. I was thrilled to get them as tomorrow night some of the Fontbonne crowd is coming over.

The kids are fine. They have been changing back and forth with the Damaris’. Tonight we have everyone home. Nancy is getting very smart. She crawls all over and pulls herself up. She can say mama and loves to hear P. screaming. She gets all excited and laughs – the louder P. gets, the more she laughs.

Greet everyone there for us. And be sure to get it all in.

Love
Jim and Dina

No comments: