Saturday, October 30, 2010

August 2, 1966 " We still haven’t gone over to Dover Pl. Boy, the time just flies by."



Dear Mom and Dad,

We received your letter this morning and are so glad to know how enjoyable your stay in London went . Here we are all fine and really having a ball.

I knew you would enjoy the Byrne’s.  Jeanne is just as you see her – straightforward and so interested in people. Her husband has always appealed to me. He’s the kind of man I like. Quiet and very very nice and simple.  I know Jeanne is quite a housekeeper. Isn’t she marvelous?

Glad you got in some shopping. I also went to Famous and bought a suit and car coat and black dress. Also bought 2 pair of shoes at Stix. Boy do those clothes in the stores look marvelous! I don’t think I’ll need anything for the kids except shoes. Last night I went through every chest and drawer in the room downstairs. I found lots of stuff for the kids and Betty and Lily brought me a big sack full of stuff too. I still haven’t looked upstairs but I think the kids have quite a good supply.

One thing you can say for the English people. They certainly are courteous and helpful. I see you got the same treatment. People think of them as cold and reserved but they are certainly decent folks.

Everyone in St. Louis really enjoyed the last game. We all looked for you in the crowd. What a crowd.
I just called Tiá Lola up and she says she feels better every day. Yes, she knows her heart acted up in the hospital but as she says – she could last for many years. So far she has no pain and she says she just feels very lazy. She has lots of company and that helps her a lot.

Sunday Carolyn brought Tiá Clorinda and Trina and picked up Tiá Mariá too.  We had a nice little visit with them. Tiá Trina is pretty forgetful but still very good company. Clorinda said she never saw Julio so happy in his life now that Billie is back in town.

The kids haven’t played too much with the Bogdans because they had their tonsils out.

I called Donna F___ and will see her after we get back from Pana as she was going to Ohio for a few days this week.

We still haven’t gone over to Dover Pl. Boy, the time just flies by. This afternoon Esther and Anita K_____ are coming by. And tonight we must go to Donna Lee’s.

I priced beaded bags at Stix. One like you sent Corona was $70.

Will write more later,
Love
Jim and Dina





No comments: