Sunday, October 31, 2010

August 6, 1966 "I will send this letter to Bilbao and then the others to Asturias."


Dear Mom and Dad,

Received your postcards departing from London. Glad to hear all went so well there. I will send this letter to Bilbao and then the others to Asturias. What is Jesusa’s address now? I can’t remember Pacita’s husband’s name or I would send it there.

Things are moving along very fast here. We have been busy. Jim and I went out to Carm’s house for dinner and Neva and Mildred babysat for us. They said the baby was good. Anita K and Ester came to see us – brought a beautiful sweater for Nancy and a bottle of Champagne. Last night we went out to see the Petry’s. They have a nice old big home in Webster. Jo Anne H_____ was there. She is staying at her mother’s waiting to have her baby already 4 days late.

Tomorrow Mil and Julious are going with us over to Alice’s house. We have been using Tala’s car constantly. I feel so obligated to them.

The kids are having so much fun playing and going out and drinking soda etc. They’ll really hate to settle down to school again.

Everyone we’ve seen certainly looks good. But of course every home has its problems. You’ll certainly have enough to keep you busy when you get back. Just visiting Trina, Lola and TiĆ” Maria will be enough. Lil says the only time her mom feels better is when she is talking with someone.

Tuesday August 9th we are going to Pana for a week. Monday Douglas’ girl gets baptized and Mildred is going to be her god mother.

I finally called Florence D________ and she might stop by this afternoon. Ran into Gertie Jean and she is married to Mel Z_______. That really completed the break with her family (who are now sure they won’t get her money).

Bessie C____ called me and wanted to take me out to lunch. I told her I would call her after I get back form Pana.  Carmen B___ also called me.

Jim’s hay fever has been pretty bad but he is the only one to feel sick. All of us are great and Nancy has gained weight and gotten so smart. I’ll never get her back in the playpen. She crawls all over the house.
In between times I have been going through the chests and drawers. Yesterday was so cool I did some of the attic clothes bags. I have been finding a lot of nice things – but still haven’t found all those clothes of Donnie’s which you said were here. The ones Lil gave me now are size 14 and I’m sure there were some here that were smaller. Are there any clothes in those boxes in the attic? I don’t want to start in there if there are no clothes in them.

Please greet all the family in Spain for us and thank them again for the gift for Nancy.

Love from all,
Jim and Dina


No comments: