Friday, October 29, 2010

July 31, 1966 "Mary Chick has already sent over two cakes"


July 31, 1966 (St. Louis)

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hope all is well with you. We watched the last games of the World Cup Saturday morning at 11A.M. by Telestar. It was a great game! We looked for you in the crowd.

Everyone here is fine. I still haven’t seen Clorinda or Trina. Billie was moving this weekend and they were quite busy. He found a house a block from Margaret’s house. Carolyn said they might take a drive over today if the weather stays cool. I figure it’s better for them to come here as TiĆ” Trina likes to get out and Nancy can take her nap in peace.

Last night we went out to Rosemarie’s. O’Bee and family came in town and we visited with them.

Mary Chick has already sent over two cakes and Anita has offered to babysit. I might take her up on that as Carm asked us over and I wouldn’t want to take the kids out there.

We still haven’t gone over to Dover Pl. but I hope to today. This time just seems to be flying. This week is pretty well dated up. So I think we will go to Pana after August 7th.

I think if I mail this this morning you still may get it at Jeanne’s.

The kids are all well and having a ball. There has been a break in the weather and we were wearing sweaters sitting out at Rosemarie’s last night.

So glad everything went so well for you in London. A nice place to stay and tickets for those exciting games. Sure hope the shopping went well too. I must get started on mine as I can see it is not so easy when you are hard to fit.

Haven’t heard from Don but no doubt we have mail going to Brussels yet.

I must get ready for Mass. Hope to hear from you soon again.

Keep in touch.

Love
Dina and all

No comments: