Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1, 1964

Oct. 1, 1964

Dear Mom and Dad,

We are sure hoping we will be getting another letter from you soon. Don’t worry about the way you think it should read. New from home is plenty welcome so just write.

Everybody has been eating so well and B was getting some pink in her cheeks from all the exercising they do. But I guess I spoke too soon because her tonsil is getting enlarged again. I put her on the penicillin yesterday and she feels all right but it’s pretty inflamed. I got the name of a Dr. from Mrs. French and I made an appointment for Monday afternoon for her. The Dr. is out of town this week. I think the penicillin will keep it under control this weekend but I want the Dr. to check her. I think those tonsils may have to come out as she can’t keep getting tonsillitis every two months. She is feeling fine and in very good spirits because she has her friend Sherry to play with. The other night when Francisca came in to turn down the beds B noticed she had on different earrings. It was because F was going out that evening. B doesn’t miss anything in that dept. None of the other maids can do the work like F. You should see they was she turns down the beds – she lays out the Pajamas as if somebody was lying in the bed.

P. is a little monster now. She really gets into everything but she is so cute about it – you can’t get mad at her. She saw a picture of Mildred the other night when we were looking at some slides “Mildred – Mildred” she said. When I showed the Asturian girls your picture she said “Welo and Wela” they way she does with her mouth smiling and puckered up. Jim got a letter from his boss today saying he understood it was hard to find housing here and as long as we were still looking not to worry about it. Jim is going to put another ad in the paper this week. Everyone tells us you can’t rent anything for less than 1 year lease – so they advised us to say in the ad it is just until January and maybe we can get someone’s apt. who will be away for a few months.

It is now October 1st and I hope all the arrangements Jim made with Southwest Bank etc. do not snafu. Have we gotten any mail sent to your place yet? Is our house rented yet? What is the latest on B. D? What do you here from Eddie?

I think I will close for today so I can get to my ironing.

Love
Jim & Dina

No comments: