Friday, October 12, 2007

October 12, 1964

Return address:
D. Ryan
Silvahof Apt.Hotel
Apt. 613
Bern, Switzerland

Oct. 12, 1964

Dear Mom and Dad,

Just received your letter with Barbara’s, Dad’s Letter with the bills etc and one from Jim’s mother. If you enclosed $1.00 in Barbara’s letter it did not get here. Nothing in the envelope but the letter. I also looked but didn’t see Fina’s address anywhere. I'm sorry if Angelis did not get her card – I checked off the names in my address book as I wrote them and I have hers check off. Let me know if she didn’t get it – I will send her another one. It’s so easy to lose those cards between here and the mail box much less between here and the U.S. Try to send me those other addresses I need because I want to get these postcards out of the way. I found Corona’s address so I won’t need that one but I do need Fina’s, Lela’s, Josephine Orcutt’s, Neva’s and look at the letter I wrote you a few weeks ago – there were some others – Molly’s, Rita. People were so nice to come and say goodbye. I feel the least I could do is send them a card. Barbara is feeling fine. I have to take her back to the Dr. this Wed. to see what he thinks. I didn’t know Patsy and Michael were coming but I think that is a wonderful idea.

Thanks Daddy for all your troubling about the bills. I think after this month it should get all straightened out. If there is any questions or problems about them – Jim will write to you.

Yesterday we had an early supper and took the kids out to see the house and take out some stuff. When we pulled into the driveway Jimmy yelled “Wow! Swiss Modern.”

While we were walking around the yard the lady next door waved to us from the window. About 10 minutes later her husband Mr. Briggen came over to introduce himself. He spoke English very well in spite of the fact that he said he hasn’t used it much since 1936 when he spent 6 months in England. He was very nice and asked if he could “fetch us some milk” and if we had any problems he would be there. Two of his sons are grown and two girls are about Barbara’s age – he couldn’t remember the numbers too well in English but said like Barbara. He did know the number for Kennedy’s death though. “The twenty two of Nov.” as he said.

We got back home in time to listen to the game from the 8th inning and enjoyed the outcome very much – Be wonderful if they could win the series.

I must get some lunch together – Will write tomorrow.

Much Love
Jim and Dina

No comments: