Wednesday, October 3, 2007

October 3, 1964


Return address:
D. Ryan
Silvahof Apt.Hotel
Apt. 613
Bern, Switzerland

October 3, 1964

Dear Mom & Dad,

We received another letter today from Jim’s mom but still nothing from you. I am glad you are keeping busy but I wish you would make time to write us a letter. I would certainly love to receive one from you.

Today I decided to go downtown alone and look around the stores a little bit. We went last Sat. but with all five you can’t really shop. Jim also decided to rent a car for the weekend. It was such a nuisance last week to take P to mass and it rained so we had to call a taxi etc.

I shopped around a little downtown but I didn’t stay long because all the stores are jammed. It’s like Double Eagle Stamp Day everywhere. Jim says it is that way during the week too. After I got back Jim went down to get a hair clipper to trim the boys hair as it’s beginning to look pretty sad. Then we took advantage of the car to do some super market shopping. I brought home some Bar-be-cued chicken so supper’s already ready. This afternoon Mrs. Lawrence took our four with her youngest three to the woods & park in back of the hotel. The kids love to go there & find nuts and chestnuts etc. She has been so thoughtful & nice to us.

I just noticed our clock stopped and it is 6 P.M. so I must get some supper on. Tonight Pili is going to take us to a Dance Hall where the Spanish people go & Teresa is going to babysit for us.

I will write more tomorrow.

Love
Jim & Dina

No comments: