Monday, October 15, 2007

October 15, 1964

Thurs
Oct. 15, 1964


Dear Mom and Dad,

Jim brought home your letter at lunch today which we received at work. The one you wrote at Mildred’s house.

It doesn’t surprise me that Neva is feeling badly. I guess no one can help you during that period.

I am also very relieved to hear that Betty Diane’s story had such a typical ending. At least Alice can sleep nights. Poor Betty- her problems may just be beginning – I sure hope not.

I was really surprised to learn that Beatrice was so sick. The way she spoke at our house it was not be a very serious operation. Did something go wrong. Poor girl. I pity her trying to recuperate with 8 little ones.

Thanks for going over to our house and cleaning it up. Jim wrote a very nasty letter last night to the agency and I’m sure if it is not rented by the end of the month – we will make different arrangements. Did you turn the gas on there?

Please don’t worry about me. I am certainly not going to get sick. In fact I have been eating like a horse and here we go to bed so early. Everyone tells us it’s the climate – early to bed – early to rise. Even Jim is in bed before midnight and I am asleep by 10 or 10:30 p.m. So we should stay healthy that way.

We have been receiving all your letters and Barbara did receive your note but not the $1.00.

Don also mentioned to me about going to theology – I think it would be very good as that way he will be ordained that much sooner –a day I am certainly anticipating.

The kids pay “German tag. ” I thought it was something authentic that they had learned at school – No, they just made it up. You play tag the regular way but just talk gibberish pretending it’s German.

Our house is very nice and comfortable. From every window there is a lovely view of rolling hills and houses and green green fields – also a row of pine cover mts.

Well P is waking up from her nap and I think we will take a walk to the store and mail this letter.

Jim’s new boss from Brussels was in town for a few days. Jim liked him very much. He told Jim the office would be moved by the first part of Jan. and that he and Him and three others would comprise the staff of the office.

Lots of love from all of us,
Take care of yourselves,
Jim and Dina

No comments: