Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 6, 1964

Nov 6, 1964

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well we received some good news today. Mr. Laux sent a letter saying that they have renters for us as of Dec. 1st. He says they are the best applicants they have had. He works for an insurance company – They have four children 18, 16, 12 and 10 yrs old. They now live at 732 Dover Pl. If we approve of them they would like a one year lease. It sounds good to me and I hope it all goes through. Jim is going to answer Mr. Laux’s letter today. Tell Sr. Dositheus and Sr. Fortunata thanks for their prayers. I hope they turn out to good renters and take care of the place. I’m awfully relieved to get it rented. You still may have to turn the heat on and I’m sure it will get cold before Dec. 1st.

How are you enjoying your leisure Daddy? Not too much I would think – unless Mom has got a nice long list of chores to be done.

Here everyone is fine. Patricia gets cuter and sweeter every day. Last night at supper she wanted to crawl up on Jim’s lap. He said in a loud voice “Oh no you don’t” and she came right back at him in the same tone of voice “Oh yes me am” and of course she had her way. How can you resist anyone so cute? Whenever she sees one of the kids with something she’ll say “Got?” That means “what have you got?”

We get a big kick out of Barbara and Jimmy. You know how B notices how everyone talks. She loves to imitate the little Korean children at the school and Jimmy can get a marvelous English accent. There are children there from Tunis, So. Africa, Turkey, Korea etc. But the boy they really got a kick out of is a new boy from Texas. B said yesterday at sports he said “I plumb wore out ma shoes already.” I don’t think they can believe he’s from America.

The other day MB said to me “We’re not going to stay here all the time are we? We are going back to our other house, aren’t we? You know the one we can walk to Wela’s house from.”

Well I must fix some lunch for the working and school people. MB, P and I just eat all morning. I don’t know what it is about this climate but I can’t fill any of them up. They are all eating so good. Yesterday I made minuelos from a mix I bought. However it wasn’t a big enough amount. Send me your recipe for them and I’ll make them from scratch next time. They all enjoyed them and said they’re almost as good as Wela makes.

I hope you will write soon. Daddy, you have more time now – be sure to write too.

Love,
Jim and Dina

No comments: