Thursday, November 22, 2007

November 25, 1964

Wed. Nov. 25, 1964

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well Dad, we received your envelope filled with our magazines so Jim and I are having fun reading through them tonight. I think all the magazines have Jim’s change of address by now so you shouldn’t be getting too many more.

Yesterday, my birthday, I brought Mrs. Bell out to see our house. Her forehead looks much better. She had her hair done in bangs so her scar doesn’t show so much. However she has one finger that is all banged up so she can’t drive or cook, or wash or iron etc. We had a cup of tea and I took her back when I took Kenny to Religion.

In the evening Jim and I went to see a movie about Kennedy. It was a poorly done thing but the scenes in color of the funeral procession were beautiful. Also there were some scenes of him and his family that I had never seen.

When we got home the kids were getting into there pj’s and so we all sang “Happy Birthday” and had a piece of cake. Jim bought a bottle of champagne – so after the kids went to bed, Jim and I had it with our supper. So all it all it was a very nice birthday.

I just wrote a letter to Don tonight. I sure hope you have heard from him. That mail from So. America is sure unpredictable.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving but it is just a working day for Jim. Barb and J are off school for the next two days but Kenny and MB have to go. The lady at the meat market asked me if I wanted a turkey but I told her my oven is still not fixed (apparently it takes forever to get a repairman to show up. I sure miss that oven). So she offered to bake the Turkey for me in her oven. I told her I would have it on Sat. instead of Thurs. So she said to come by at 5:00PM Sat. and she would have it all ready for me wrapped in Reynolds Wrap and with the gravy too. She won’t charge me for it – just what the turkey costs per lb. So we will have our Thanks. on Sat.

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I must get busy and answer all the Aunt’s letters. I owe one to Lola (Eggie’s wife), Tia Lola, Clorinda, Alice and Trina and Mildred. And I also want to write to Tia Maria to thank her for her wonderful gift.

Well if you are planning to come soon I know you are busy getting the shots, passport pictures, etc.

P. is getting funnier and cuter every day. She talks all the time now and plays so cute with her dolls and with MB. When you ask her a question like “Do you want milk?” she’ll say “no – I mean yes”

Well I’m anxious to get back to my magazines.

Love,
Jim and Dina

No comments: