Sunday, November 11, 2007

October 27, 1964

Return address:
No 4 Reckholtern
Bolligen, Bern,
Switzerland

Oct 27, 1964

Dear Mom and Dad,

We received a carbon letter of Don’s today dated Oct 19th . I hope he is getting my letters – he doesn’t say he has but I think they take quite a while from here.

Today I had asked Mrs. Lawrence to come out to see our house since I keep the car Tues afternoon. She wasn’t feeling well so I went by and took her two girls with ours out to the park and playgrounds by the Silvahof. Autumn colors are in full array here and the park was beautiful but cold. For me it seemed cold, the children didn’t seem to mind and had a lot of fun playing on the see-saws and jungle jims – even P. got a big kick out of the slide. I did a little shopping for myself and Mrs. L. and took the children back to the hotel. Mrs. L. had the table all set for tea (they lived in England 6 yrs) and we all enjoyed a cup before I took K. up to instructions. While he was there I went to the bakery and spent the rest of the time visiting with one of the Embassy women from Wash D.C.

P. is getting very wise. Tonight B tried to close the bedroom door to keep her out and P. said “Barb – Daddy said to leave the doors alone.” I think that is the longest sentence she has ever said. She also answers her own question. Like this “Where’s Wela?” “Back Home” MB drew this and said to be sure to send it to Welo and Wela. I will close tonight because I want to write to Don.

Love
Jim and Dina

p.s. Here’s some Eagle Stamps too!

No comments: