Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 5, 1964

Nov 5, 1964

Dear Mom and Dad,

When we went to bed Tues night the returns were just starting to come in. I must confess that I woke up before the alarm went off – just a bit nervous about the outcome. You never know! We were very relieved to see it was such a crushing defeat for Goldwater. I’m sorry but I just can’t get too enthusiastic about Johnson’s “folksy” ways but then there will never be another Kennedy.

Yesterday afternoon my nice neighbor Mrs. Guenther came by and took MB and Kenny for a walk with her and one of the other neighbor ladies. When they came back they said both ladies had given them some candy.

We received a letter from Jim’s mother today and Kenny received your card with the bubble gum today too. He was really thrilled with it. The card is so cute. It looks just like him.

Jim talked to his teacher today and he “thinks” she said that Kenny is very fast to catch on. Jim has a hard time understanding her because she speaks so fast. He (Kenny) seems to love to go to school so I guess he has a pretty good idea of what’s going on.

B and Jimmy went ice-skating this morning and everyone else is doing fine. P is getting cuter and fatter every day.

Hope you both are feeling well. How is Chic doing? And Beatriz? My poor friend Mrs. Bell that had the auto accident just got home from the hospital today.

Well I want Jim to mail this when he goes back this afternoon so I will close wishing you lot of love

Jim and Dina

No comments: