Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 3, 1964

Nov 3, 1964

Dear Mom and Dad,

Today we received the magazines that Dad sent on to us. I am anxious to get my letter writing over with tonight as I am dying to read them. One thing that I have enjoyed at this house is reading in bed again. I put P. in with MB and Kenny and that way I can leave our bed light on and read – Something I have not done since we left Maplewood. Of course the Spanish girls were shocked to see that P was “alone” as they put it. That’s never done in Spain – Apparently the babies are really spoiled in Spain – always rocked or walked to sleep. They were also quite shocked to see me put P in bed and close the door and leave her. That’s never done.

I think the French kdg. is going to work out very well for Kenny. He seems very happy to go – and MB and P sure have fun together in the morning. K already asked me how to say “Good Morning” in French. I guess the other children greet him and he wants to say it too.

On our way home from Catechism this evening we saw our neighbor girl B walking home - we gave her a ride home and when we got in the drive she thanked me and said “adieu” to each of the children and shook hands with all of us – P included.

I also received letters today from Lola – Eggie’s wife and Mary Murphy (she had a girl Oct 15th). I certainly have a lot of letters to answer but it sure is wonderful to get them. I really appreciate them so much.

Well tonight I also want to write to Don so I will make this short. Give everyone our love and keep writing.

Love
Jim and Dina

No comments: